A wonder of nature
The Canelobre Caves are one of the main tourist attractions not only in Busot, but in the entire province of Alicante . Located at an altitude of 700 metres on the northern slope of the Cabeçó D’Or mountain range – one of the few Jurassic relics in the province – they are magnificent.
Inside the caves there is a space of more than 80,000 m2 that can be accessed through a 45-metre tunnel, in which water and rock have given rise to impressive shapes such as stalactites, stalagmites, columns and jellyfish, among many others. .
This 145 million year old cavity developed in the upper Jurassic limestones. Although little was known about this cavity until practically the 19th century, the discovery of this cave has been attributed to the Arabs, back in the 10th century.
The caves were not opened to the public until after the middle of the 20th century . During the Civil War conflict, they were used as an aircraft repair shop by the Republican Army, and it was at this time that the current access tunnel to the cavity was drilled, as well as several platforms inside.
In addition to the room that can be visited, the Canelobre Caves have some areas for practicing caving , making it a destination highly appreciated by lovers of this sport. And due to its impressive acoustics, the Cuevas del Canelobre are assiduously the perfect setting for numerous musical performances held in Alicante, being not only a sight to be seen, but also heard.
Watch the video….
From September 1 to June 30
- Closed Monday.
- From Tuesday to Friday from 10:30 a.m. at 4:50 p.m.
- Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays from 10:30 a.m. at 5:50 p.m.
From July 1 to August 31 and Easter
- Every day of the week from 10:30 a.m. at 7:30 p.m.
- In Easter the closing will be at 18:30.
- Saturday and Sunday after Easter open until 3pm.
- Closed on the days of San Vicente (Monday after Easter Monday), December 25 and January 1.
RATES AND TICKETS SALES
COMBINED ENTRANCE CAVES + ETHNIC MUSIC MUSEUM
- Adults (from 14 years old): 7 euros.
- Organized Groups (minimum 20 people), retirees, Carné Jove or TIU: 4.50 euros.
- Children from 5 to 14 years old (in groups or individually): 3.50 euros.
- Children under 5 years free.
- Ticket sales at the box office.