Beaches for Dogs in Alicante
Alicante area has 9 dog friendly beaches. Maybe this summer there will be more …
All the canine beaches of Alicante are available throughout the year
- Caleta dels Gossets (Santa Pola). It is the best rated canine beach in the province. Its soil is rock and fine sand, and it is being studied to perhaps also use the neighbouring beach
- Punta del Riu Beach (Campello). Is a small pebble beach with calm waters, ideal for small dogs or that are afraid of the water.
- Barranc D’Aigües Beach (Campello). Is surrounded by nature. Quite difficult to access and very quiet, ideal for those seeking a more intimate beach.
- Beach Vilera del Xarco (Villajoyosa). Small stone cove and difficult access located south of the municipality and devoid of services.
- The Agua Amarga Beach (Alicante). Although this beach for dogs of Alicante is open to our dogs all year. During high season you can enjoy the services offered, such as a beach bar and cleaning service.
- Beach of Escollera Norte (Dénia). It is, according to many, the worst canine beach in the province. It occupies a small area full of algae. It may be feasible for your dog to have a few runs, but little else …
- Beach Sea and Mountain (Altea). Small and quiet stone beach, always visited by dog owners.
- Lobella cove (Benissa) . It is the latest beach for dogs in the Valencian Community. With rocky soil and formed by boulders, this small cove is also ideal for diving enthusiasts.
- Cala Les Urques (Calpe) . Small wild beach of stony ground located next to the marina of the town.
Beaches for Dogs in Valencia
Valencia also has 4 canine beaches, all formed by fine sand and well defined to avoid confrontations with pets . Valencia, El Puig and Cullera offer space to go with a dog in summer. The beach at Pinedo is only available during high season.
- Beach of L’Ahuir (Gandia). As at March 24, 2019 the mayor of Gandía announced that there will no longer be a dog beach. They are looking for another location, although nothing was promised
- Beach of Pinedo (City of Valencia). Located next to the port of Valencia, this canine area is only available during the bathing season. It is one of the most visited by Valencians who had been claiming for several years, a beach for dogs.
- La Torreta Beach – Santa Elvira (El Puig). This canine beach is located north of Valencia, next to the Barranc del Puig. It is much quieter than Pinedo’s, and it lacks services.
- Canine beach of Alboraya . Located to the north of the city of Valencia and of small size, it is perfect for your pet to play in the sand. Its waters are not suitable for bathing.
- Beach The Brosquil (Cullera). Nice sandy beach although it has difficult access, as it is surrounded by private urbanizations.