Beaches for Dogs in Alicante
Alicante area has 9 dog friendly beaches. Maybe this summer there will be more …
All the canine beaches of Alicante are available throughout the year
Dénia , located in Punta del Reset and near the port, is Escollera Norte , a small beach about 100 meters long. The area has been enabled as pet-friendly since 2016, but some visitors complain about the abundance of algae in it.
- Caleta dels Gossets (Santa Pola). It is the best rated canine beach in the province. Its soil is rock and fine sand, and it is being studied to perhaps also use the neighbouring beach. As its name suggests, is the star beach for tourists who visit the coastal town or its neighbour Elche. It is part of the Calas Cuartel group and is located next to the Cabo de Santa Pola Natural Park . It is a small area, and the ground is made of stone and sand. The rules are the same as in any other beach, but visitors are reminded that it is forbidden to bring puppies that have not yet been vaccinated. In addition, in the 5 years it has been open, it has already been recognized as one of the most pet-friendly in 2018 .
- Punta del Riu Beach (Campello). Is a small pebble beach with calm waters, ideal for small dogs or that are afraid of the water. In addition, this beach is located about 500 meters from the gigantic local dog park, which has an ‘Agility’ play area.
- Barranc D’Aigües Beach (Campello). Is surrounded by nature. Quite difficult to access and very quiet, ideal for those seeking a more intimate beach. located near the nudist beach of Llomes de Reixes.
- Beach Vilera del Xarco This beach has a specific swimming area for dogs. It’s found. It is south of the city, but close to the urban area (3.5 km away). It stands out for being one of the most natural in Villajoyosa, and one of the favorites to go with the dogs . Because its difficult access means that it is not very visited, so it is perfect to go with your pet to spend a quiet day. El Xarco or Charco is open all year round, and the ground is made up of stones and boulders .
- The Agua Amarga Beach (Alicante). This beach for dogs of Alicante is open all year. This dog-friendly beach also has services adapted for dogs, such as the pee-can area , a limited area where they can run freely and play with other pets without taking any risk. During high season you can enjoy the services offered, such as a beach bar and cleaning service.
- Altea , the city known for its beautiful old town full of white houses, also has a pet-friendly beach. Mar y Montaña is the bathing area where animals are welcome. It is close to the Villa Gadea urbanization . In fact, if you go by car, visitors recommend parking there. It is not large, but it is large enough for the dogs to have fun and cool off in the water. The beach has little tourist crowds since it is somewhat hidden by the urbanizations in the area.
- Lobella cove (Benissa) . It is the latest beach for dogs in the Valencian Community. With rocky soil and formed by boulders, this small cove is also ideal for diving enthusiasts.
- Cala Les Urques (Calpe) . Small wild beach of stony ground located next to the marina of the town.
Beaches for Dogs in Valencia
Valencia also has 4 canine beaches, all formed by fine sand and well defined to avoid confrontations with pets . Valencia, El Puig and Cullera offer space to go with a dog in summer. The beach at Pinedo is only available during high season.
- Beach of Pinedo (City of Valencia). Located next to the port of Valencia, this canine area is only available during the bathing season. It is one of the most visited by Valencians who had been claiming for several years, a beach for dogs.
- La Torreta Beach – Santa Elvira (El Puig). This canine beach is located north of Valencia, next to the Barranc del Puig. It is much quieter than Pinedo’s, and it lacks services.
- Canine beach of Alboraya . Located to the north of the city of Valencia and of small size, it is perfect for your pet to play in the sand. Its waters are not suitable for bathing.
- Beach The Brosquil (Cullera). Nice sandy beach although it has difficult access, as it is surrounded by private urbanizations.