COME AND JOIN THE FUN – ‘A LUNCH WITH A DIFFERENCE’
The Royal British Legion – Announces El Cid Restaurant – Tuesday 16th October – RBL Poppy Day Appeal Event
ONLY 25 Seats Left!!!
A ‘MUSFUNCH’ :
Means a Live Music, Fun, Lunch, Light Hearted Entertainment Event. It is open to everyone, to raise Funds for the 2018 Poppy Day Appeal from the Lunch and by the hopeful generous sales of Tickets for a Grand Raffle Draw from all the attendees.
The Event is open to purchase tickets until 30th September.
WHATS ON OFFER :
- Offers of 6 Live Entertainment Acts, all of whom are giving their time to help the RBL
- A Fantastic Lunch Menu with Multiple Choices
- A Grand Raffle Prize Draw
- The event is destined to run for up to 4 hours
- Please Note : Acts could change for various reasons and beyond our Control, and be replaced, subject to availability , by others.
EL CID RESTAURANT – BENEDOLIEG with onsite Car Parking
On the CV 733, approx 8 mins drive inland from the Ondara Shopping Centre on the N332
If driving from the North use the CV 731 then onto CV 733
INFORMATION: THE ARTISTES who have promised their support to this event.
1 – JANET HOGARTH – Born in Edmonton, Alberta Canada. Started playing piano at the age of 2. Her mother was her Classical Piano teacher till age 16 then studied Jazz at College majoring in Piano and Voice then University in Music education. Performed around the world since 1985 as Pianist/Electronic Keyboard and Singer in various Bands, 5 star Hotels, Cruise ships, Currently teaching piano and voice and working as freelance musician while residing in Pedreguer. Genre Classical, Jazz, Oldies, Reggae, Blues, Country, Pop, Rock, Classic Rock, R&B, Southern Rock. Now the new owner of the Piano Bar & Restaurant LaLa Land in Denia, C/La Mar 49. Well worth a visit.
2 – FRANK ABRAMS – A Fantastic Professional & Recording Session Saxophone Player. Remember – Gerry Rafferty and the Top Five hit song BAKER STREET in 1978 – Just Listen to when he plays this piece of Music Art and how he recreates those famous vibrant sounds !!!
3 – ALAN CHAPMAN – An enthusiastic and hard working Solo Tribute Act Fun Singer covering – Rod Stewart , Neil Diamond and Elvis Presley songs.
4 – STEVE SLATER – An accomplished Acoustic Solo Guitar player in Spanish Flamenco Style Music, who will play a selection of tracks.
5 – FLAMENCO (Sevillanas – Sound of the South) DANCE CLASS OF POTRIES – 5 Ladies including the Teacher and her Pupils from US, GB, Holland and Spain to demonstrate this style of the Spanish traditional dance and part supported by Steve Slater for Music. New pupils welcome – Information available on request. Sevillanas are a type of folk music and dance of Sevilla and its region. They were derived from the Seguidilla, an old Castilian folk music and dance genre. In the nineteenth century they were influenced by Flamenco. Sevillanas can be heard mainly in fairs and festivals, including the famous Seville Fair as illustrated here.
6 – AMANDA LOWE – Formerly of the Harmony Duo – ENCORE. Specialising in music from the 20s to 50s and singing many old Classics. Covering Jazz, Swing and Rock and Roll.
7 – In Discussion/Pending- Subject to Availability
Grand Raffle – Ticket Sales available on the Day and will be offered for sale at each Table,
The aim this year is to beat the generous total of 834Euros at the First event and break the €1,000 barrier, so please help us to achieve this – Thank You.
- The 1st event in 2016 was fully sold out, with a waiting list – So Please Book Early
- BOOKINGS NOW OPEN AS FROM – 1st September
- Cost €20 per person
- Part 1 = EMail Bookings Co Ordinator [email protected] Stating Your Name with Telephone Number and how many Seats you Require
- Part 2 = Within 7 days EMail the list of Names in your Party and all Menu Choices
- Alternatively Visit the El Cid Restaurant, Reserve / Book and Pay
- IMPORTANT : “Payment will still be required for Non – Attendance on the day”
- Last Booking Date 31st September
El Cid Restaurant – Tuesday 16th October – RBL P0ppy Day Appeal Event
On The Table
- Bread & Ali Oli
- Homemade Carrot and Coriander Soup
- Deep Fried Brie with Cranberry Jelly
- Homemade Chicken Liver Pate with Red Onion Chutney
- Pork in a Cream, Honey & Grain Mustard Sauce *
- Breast of Chicken with Tomato and Herbs Sauce *
- Beer Battered Fish & Chips, served with Garden Peas or Mushy Peas (Preferance with Order)
- (V) Filo Tart filled with Camembert & a Wild Mushroom Cream *
- * served with Roast Potatoes, fresh seasonal vegetables
- Homemade Apple Crumble & Custard
- Homemade Baileys Cheesecake
- Fresh Fruit & Ice-cream
- Cheese & Biscuits Selection
- Half a Bottle of House Wine per Person
- € 20.00 pp inc IVA)
- Payable at the table prior to the First Course
- A Full Selection of Drinks are available and payable for at the Bar