Sweet crispy treats that would put any Easter Egg to shame – these little fluffy, crispy fritters are like French Toast but only bite size, fluffier and crispier. You can cover them with chocolate sauce too, so a little like a Profiterole but crispy and hot !
250 ml milk
1 cinnamon stick
1/2 litre vegetable oil
Caster sugar for serving
- In a saucepan, heat the milk, cinnamon stick and butter together and bring to the boil.
- Once boiling, remove the cinnamon stick before adding in the flour all in one go. Cook the mixture whilst stirring continuously for 5 minutes.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and beat in the eggs one at a time, stirring vigorously.
- Next, heat the oil in a deep fat fryer to 180°C.
- Using two teaspoons, make small balls out of the mixture and drop into the hot oil.
- Fry in batches for a few minutes until the buñuelos are crisp on the outside.
- Drain on kitchen paper before sprinkling with sugar to serve
Recipe from Brindisa