Chiringuito Flames!

Staff and customers at one of the chiringuitos had a bit of a panic this morning when the kitchen area caught in fire.

Local Police were quickly on the scene to fight the flames with buckets of water and fire extinguishers, followed closely by Civil Protection and the Denia bomberos, who extingished the sudden fire, which apparently originated from a short circuit. 

Now the owners of the beach bar will sadly have to assess whether to repair the damage quickly for the remaider of the season or close up early, as the maximum opening period is until October 15th.