Hospital Clínica Benidorm has extended its services with centres in Moraira and Calpe. These are the PCR test and the new Elisa test, which is a serological analysis from a blood sample.
TYPES OF TEST IN HCB
ELISA ANTIBODY TEST
What type of screening test is recommended?
- ANTIBODY ELISA TEST: If you do not have symptoms and you need to know if the disease has already passed.
- In cases in which the Rapid TEST ELISA is positive in both its markers or in the IGM marker (recent infection).
- In cases with patients who present symptoms compatible with COVID-19.
- If you have been in close contact with someone with confirmed COVID-19.
- To prove that you no longer have the infection. Once the PCR test is negative, it is understood that the infection is no longer active and is no longer contagious.
What should I do if my result is POSITIVE?
- ANTIBODY ELISA TEST: To be confirmed by performing a PCR test.
- In the following 24 hours you will receive a call from HCB to complete information on your health status and your contacts and declare the case to Public Health.
- Following the recommendations of the Ministry of Health, you must remain in isolation for the next 14 days from the onset of symptoms. In those asymptomatic cases, the isolation will be maintained until 14 days after the date of taking the sample for diagnosis. Except for different indications of Public Health.
- The follow-up of the case will be supervised until the epidemiological discharge in the manner established by Public Health.
How long can it take for antibodies to appear in my body and be detected by tests?
In some media we have heard of “false negatives”. This occurs especially in some cases due to the so-called “window period”: in the first days of the disease, the antibodies are not revealed and the TEST, not yet detecting them, is negative. It should be noted that this is not common.
When should I get tested for COVID-19?
If you have symptoms related to COVID-19 or if it is close contact of someone with confirmed COVID.
How is each test performed and how long do the results take?
- ELISA ANTIBODY TEST: It is performed with a blood sample.
- PCR: A sample consisting of a nasopharyngeal swab or other respiratory sample is obtained.
The results of the two types of tests can be known in 24 hours , except if the tests are carried out on Friday, in which case they will be given the following Monday morning.
How are the results communicated?
Test results are sent by email . For its correct reception we recommend the following:
- Check that you provide us with your email correctly.
- In compliance with the General Law on Protection of Personal Data, the information you will receive will be encrypted. The key to decrypt it will be provided to you when the test is performed. (It is preferable that you open the email on a computer, since this Security process is not allowed on most mobiles.)
- The result of the tests may vary depending on the day, time and center in which it is performed.
WHEN CAN I TAKE COVID-19 TESTS AT HCB
|HOSPITAL CLÍNICA BENIDORM||M to V|
|Mon to Fri 8.30 am – 11 am|
Mon to Thu 5.30 pm – 7.30 pm
|HCB CALPE||L to V|
8.30 to 10hs
to Fri 10 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
|HCB ASISTEL MORAIRA||Mon, Wednesday,|
Fri 9 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
Fri 10.30 a.m. to 10.50 a.m.
|HCB SALUS ALBIR||HCB SALUS ALBIR||In HCB|
PRICE TESTS. INSURANCE
- ELISA ANTIBODY TEST: 65 euros
- PCR: 125 euros
- Check collective prices
Performing these tests without a prescription, that is, at the request of the patient, is not covered by health insurance companies.
MAKE AN APPOINTMENT FOR A COVID-19 TEST AT HCB
Monday to Friday
8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
96 585 38 50
If they cannot answer your call, they will return it the same day.
Or, make an appointment through this form and we will call you as soon as possible.
Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
665 95 97 28
626 95 37 09