On Monday, The Official Gazette of the Generalitat Valenciana published the new resolution of the Ministry of Health on the use of the mask, since until now it only indicated outdoors but was not specific. Now, the document regulates this rule and indicates when and where it should be used and when it is exempt.
The use of the mask is NOT mandatory
The following activities are considered incompatible with the use of the mask:
- Bathing in the sea, lakes, reservoirs, rivers or in other bathing areas; as well as in swimming pools, outdoors or indoors.
- The practice of sport in the aquatic environment, be it natural or artificial.
- Rest periods before or after bathing or practicing sports in the aquatic environment, in its surroundings.
- In the case of rest on the beaches, rivers or similar environments, or in uncovered swimming pools, the aforementioned period may only be extended to that in which the person remains at a certain point and respecting the
minimum distance of 1.5 meters with other people that they are not living together, and without the group of people being able to exceed the maximum number allowed.
- In the case of covered swimming pools or in the event that this rest is carried out on board boats, the rest period will only be understood as the strictly necessary between activity intervals.
- First aid or rescue activities when they require access to the aquatic environment.
- The times strictly necessary to eat or drink, in places where it is authorized.
YES the use of the mask is mandatory
People six years of age and older are obliged to use masks in the following cases and activities compatible with the use of the mask:
- Walk through the accesses to beaches, lakes and other natural environments.
- Walk to the seashore and other aquatic environments.
- The use of changing rooms in public or community pools, except for showers.
- Staying outside or inside hospitality establishments outside of the times strictly necessary to eat or drink.
- On public roads, in open air spaces and in any closed space for public use or that is open to the public, regardless of the maintenance of the physical interpersonal safety distance.
- In the means of air, sea, bus, or rail transport, as well as in the complementary public and private transport of passengers in vehicles with up to nine seats, including the driver, if the occupants of the tourism vehicles do not coexist in the same address. In the case of passengers on ships and boats, it will not be necessary to wear masks when they are inside their cabin.
The obligation to use the mask will not be enforceable in the following cases:
- For people who present some type of illness or respiratory difficulty that may be aggravated by the use of the mask or who, due to their situation of disability or dependency, do not have the
autonomy to remove the mask, or who present behavioral alterations that make its use is not feasible.
- Neither will it be required in the case of individual outdoor sport, nor in cases of force majeure or situation of necessity or when, due to the very nature of the activities, the use of the mask is incompatible, in accordance with the indications from the health authorities.
- Activities that involve physical effort of a non-sporting nature, outdoors and individually, are equated to the exercise of individual sport, maintaining, in any case, the minimum distance of 1.5 meters with other people who are not living together.