The things we do that make the Spanish think we Brits are weird :-
According to the National Institute of Statistics almost 250.000 Spanish people are living in the UK right now.
To find out about their impressions of the land of “please-thank-you-sorry-tea-curry and kebabs” 😉 , two Facebook groups of Spanish expats in London , (which together have over 90,000 members) were asked the following question: “What surprised you when you first arrived in the city?”
This is what they told us………..
- Carpeted bathrooms
- That there are no persiana blinds!
- The shape of the taps
- Trains with carpet
- That people sit on the floor of their office to eat
- People drinking alcohol or even eating sushi on the bus!
- How elegant the pubs are compared to the 80s bars in Spain
- That people drink coffee while they have lunch or dinner
- Potato crisps that taste like beef
- Crisp sandwiches!
- That they say “cheers” instead of thanks
- Socks! Up to the knees whether it’s summer, winter or a wedding
- That they say “fair enough” to anything
- That there are still milk delivery trucks
- The music of the ice cream trucks
- That they push you and elbow you but always say “sorry” very politely
- That kids eat dinner at 4pm and go to sleep at 7pm
- Most children go to school on a scooter
- They charge by the week instead of by the month
You Gotta Love Us, lolol